Re: Data Block Cleanup??

From: Jonathan Edwards <edwards_at_world.std.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1993 15:18:02 GMT

Let me get this straight.
I create records in a table, one transaction per record. The older records get purged to disk eventually, long after they were commited. Later, I do a read-only access to these old records. These blocks get written out to disk again to update internal bookeeping info.

Does this still happen if I declare sufficient "transaction entries" in each block? It appears that I need to allocate one entry per record in order to get full row-level concurrency in Oracle anyway.

--
Jonathan Edwards				edwards_at_intranet.com
IntraNet, Inc					617-527-7020