Re: Data Block Cleanup??

From: Jonathan Edwards <edwards_at_world.std.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1993 13:51:37 GMT

In article <1OJHB6OU_at_gwdu03.gwdg.de> plewe_at_dl.mpi-dortmund.mpg.de (J.Plewe) writes:
>: We experienced the same thing. An ORACLE field technician told us this
>: is known as a lazy cleanup. The block header information is not "cleaned
>: up" until the select after the insert or update that caused it to be
>: updated. He did not say exactly what in the header was being cleaned
>: up, but the old transaction entry would seem to be a reasonable guess.
>
>To my information, this is completely right.

Does this apply even to blocks that are memory-resident at transaction completion? Surely this cleanup could be done then, or at worst when the block gets purged. This extra step should only be necessary for blocks already purged at transaction completion.

--
Jonathan Edwards				edwards_at_intranet.com
IntraNet, Inc					617-527-7020