Re: restricted package procedures in forms v3

From: <champs_at_cnb07v.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 7 Oct 93 14:13:12 +1000

In article <1993Oct6.132741.4808_at_infodev.cam.ac.uk>, tma1000_at_cus.cam.ac.uk (T.M. Armitage) writes:
> I am new to Oracle forms and I am trying to use the package procedure
> NEXT_BLOCK in a trigger. The idea is to use an ON-VALIDATE-FIELD trigger
> on the last field in a block to execute NEXT_BLOCK so that the user doesn't
> need to keep pressing next_block. The problem is that I have discovered that
> NEXT_BLOCK is a restricted packaged procedure and so cant't be used in an
> ON-VALIDATE-FIELD trigger. I gather I should put the NEXT-BLOCK procedure
> in a KEY-NXTFLD trigger but my problem is how can I find out if the current
> field is the last one in a block (and so decide when NEXT_BLOCK should be
> called)
>
> I realise that the answer is probably very simple - but it eludes me!!!!
>
> TIA
>
> Tim Armitage
>
> Software developer
> EPIC - University of Cambridge (UK)
>
> Voice +44 223 330595
> Fax +44 223 330592
> email tim.armitage_at_mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk

Here you go Tim

if block_characteristic(:SYSTEM.CURSOR_BLOCK,LAST_FIELD)

  • :SYSTEM.CURSOR_FIELD then NEXT_BLOCK; end if;

Bye for now

    /\       Steven Champness (champs_at_cnb07v.hhcs.gov.au)
   /  \      Dept of Health, Housing, Local Govt and Community Services
  /    \     Brisbane, Queensland via Canberra, Australia
 /      \

/ / \ The opinions expressed above were forcibly implanted in my head \ / / / by aliens from Alpha Zeltex 4, during a recent Invasion attempt.  \/ / / /
  \/ / /     MACINTOSH      : If you need a manual to operate it, it wasn't
   \/ /      SOFTWARE AXIOM : designed properly in the first place !!!!