SQL*Net V1 problem with Oracle7

From: Alan Beal <alanb_at_vnet.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 93 18:38:31 EDT

We have installed Oracle 7.0.12 along with both SQL*Net version 1 and version 2. We have been successful using SQL*Net version 2, but we are having trouble with version 1. Is it possible to have both running at the same time? We are getting Oracle error 3113, end of file on communication channel when we try to connect using the SQL*Net v1 connect string, eg.   sqlplus scott/tiger_at_T:localhost:localdb However, using a SQL*Net v2 connect string, it works, eg.   sqlplus scott/tiger_at_localname (localname is in /etc/tnsnames.ora) When we installed, we said to relink the executables. Is it possible that we relinked with the SQL*Net v2 and it does not work with v1? Could relinking the executables somehow fix this? Or is everything working as intended, ie. both V1 and V2 can be installed on the same system? If so, how can we get both v1 and v2 clients to access the same database? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Alan Beal         alanb_at_vnet.ibm.com
                  (607)751-2026