VARCHAR problems with string functions on HP-UX

From: lee m godfrey nmtr stnt <lmg2411_at_hertz.njit.edu>
Date: 30 Sep 93 16:46:13 GMT

When compiling Pro*C programs under HP-UX v9.01, the compiler issues warnings if a VARCHAR .arr element is passed to a string function. I am compiling with the -Aa option.

ex:

                  VARCHAR username[20];

                  char uname[20];

                  strcpy(uname,username.arr);

The program will run, but I'd like to eliminate the warnings. I have tried casting the VARCHAR .arr as (char *) which works, but I'm porting a large application from VAX/VMS and would prefer a global solution. So far, experimenting with MODE and CODE precompiler options has been unsuccessful. Received on Thu Sep 30 1993 - 17:46:13 CET

Original text of this message