Re: CASE*Designer for DEC's on Xterms...problems

From: Chris Dickson <cdickson_at_tssc.wlg.nec.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 20:52:42 GMT

Stuff included...

>> We are running CASE*Designer V1.1 on DEC 5000 workstations (running
>> Ultrix 4.3) at this Uni, and I'm trying to get CASE*DES to run on
>> some PC's set up with Linux and Xterm's. I can get the case front
>> screen (the "flying grid") to come up with no problems, but when I
>> try to use one of the tools (e.g. the data flow diagrammer), the
>> selected tool box appears for < 0.5 seconds, then disppears, leaving

>Perhaps you are not running X11R4 on your X server, i.e. Linux may
>have _too new_ version X11R5... It's Oracle, you know...

>I once installed case*designer 1.1 on a Sun with X11R5. The documentation
>said: X11R4 required... I assumed X11R5 is OK, but no! It behaved just
>like you described.

>#FLAME ON
> Oracle UK produces sh*t!
> Oracle CASE is not most f*ing software I've ever seen!
>#FLAME OFF
Oracle UK produces a higher quality of product that Oracle US......

>Allu
>--
>I'm only speaking for myself -- not speaking for my employer, at least not NOW.

I seem to remember some months ago talk on a similar line to this within the group. Somebody posted that that had CASE*Designer working on X11R5. Could that Kind soul please post there solution... I'm now in the smae boat X11R5, and CASE*Designer.... Help

Thanks in advance

Chris Dickson, Oracle DBA        "I must not fear... Fear is the Mind Killer...
TSSC New Zealand Ltd               Fear is the little Death that brings total
cdickson_at_tssc.wlg.nec.co.jp         Obliteration..." - Paul Muad'Dib