Re: CASE*Designer for DEC's on Xterms...problems

From: Allu Helenius <ahe_at_th.tele.fi>
Date: 29 Sep 93 11:36:25 GMT

roleary_at_st.nepean.uws.edu.au (Rocqueforte OLeary) writes:

> We are running CASE*Designer V1.1 on DEC 5000 workstations (running
> Ultrix 4.3) at this Uni, and I'm trying to get CASE*DES to run on
> some PC's set up with Linux and Xterm's. I can get the case front
> screen (the "flying grid") to come up with no problems, but when I
> try to use one of the tools (e.g. the data flow diagrammer), the
> selected tool box appears for < 0.5 seconds, then disppears, leaving

Perhaps you are not running X11R4 on your X server, i.e. Linux may have _too new_ version X11R5... It's Oracle, you know...

I once installed case*designer 1.1 on a Sun with X11R5. The documentation said: X11R4 required... I assumed X11R5 is OK, but no! It behaved just like you described.

#FLAME ON

                         Oracle UK produces sh*t!
           Oracle CASE is not most f*ing software I've ever seen!
#FLAME OFF Allu
--
I'm only speaking for myself -- not speaking for my employer, at least not NOW.