Re: keyboard mappings

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 28 Sep 93 18:18:28 GMT

oliver_at_io.nosc.mil (George Oliver) writes:

>I believe that the .r file you want if you are running on a Sun is sun. So
>with something like SQLFORMS30, you would say: sqlforms30 uid/pwd -c sun:sun
>This works for me. You can edit these files with ORACLE*TERMINAL. For
>SQLFORMS30, these files are in $ORACLE_HOME/forms30/admin/resource. Each
>r file can have several mappings. So in the above path on your Sun
>workstation, type: 'oraterm -c sun:sun'. Then pull down the file menu
>(character mode) and open the file you want to look at/edit.

>Good luck,

>Geo.

>George Oliver
>NRaD, Code 4221
>oliver_at_nosc.mil

    I've never found this to work for some reason. All of the     Sun workstations I use trap the function keys for use by the     operating system. The best way I've found around this is to use     the Universal Terminal Definition file or UTD.

    The UTD can be found in various resource files. I have found it in     the ncdsunu.r resource file as well as the sunxu.r resource file.     Look in the above mentioned directory (.../resource) for these     resource files. To run with the UTD, try the following:

      sqlforms30 -c ncdsunu:utd

   OR

      oraterm -c ncdsunu:utd

Substitute other resource files until you find one with UTD in it.

   Using the UTD frees you from reliance on Function keys to perform    operations. All functions are performed using simple control    key sequences. While not as easy to use as function keys, they    are consistent across terminals so no matter where you are using    Oracle from, Sun, VT100, VT220, dialing in from home, etc.,    you will always have the same mappings.

   Hope this helps.

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Tue Sep 28 1993 - 19:18:28 CET

Original text of this message