keyboard mappings

From: T.M. Armitage <tma1000_at_cus.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1993 16:06:23 GMT

We have just started using Oracle 6 on SunOS 4.1.3 and we are having a lot of problems with keyboard mappings. Can anyone provide me with a few pointers as to how to go about ensuring keys are mapped correctly. I understand that OraTerm may be the answer but everytime I try to run this I get the message

Unable to find requested or default map in the Oracle*Terminal .r file. Use -c filename:devicename to specify a particular map within a particular Oracle*Terminal .r file.
If you do not specify a filename, the default filename is oraterm.r.

Error initializing the Oracle*Terminal application.

Any advice would be more than welcome!!!

TIA Tim Armitage

Software developer
University of Cambridge (UK)

Voice +44 223 330595 Fax +44 223 330592 Received on Tue Sep 28 1993 - 17:06:23 CET

Original text of this message