Re: CASE*designer in Oracle 7 problem

From: Daniel B. Bikle <dbikle_at_cco.caltech.edu>
Date: 26 Sep 1993 06:04:34 GMT

sysadm_at_comp.hkbc.hk (System Adminstration account) writes:

>Hi,

>I have problem to invoke CASE*Designer : Version 1.1.21.7.0
>that is in Oracle 7 from a server of SunOS 4.1.3 to several
>clients (either 4.1.3 or 4.1.2).

>There is no problem to invoke it in the server.
>But when I invoke it from client after "xhost server" and
>"xterm -display client:0.0 &" , login and run "casedes"
>there is a fatal error "ld.so: libX11.so.4" not found."

>So why?

>I have Openwin in all workstations. So that we have the relevant
>library to call. Do I need to set some parameters to path/call
>them?

sysadm_at_comp.hkbc.hk,

It sounds like libX11.so.4 is missing or a link to it is missing.

Another possibility, your LD_LIBRARY_PATH env varible is missing or full of garbage.

Another possibility, you need to "re-hash" your LD_LIBRARY_PATH by running the command /usr/etc/ldconfig.

If still stumped, use NFS to supply the CASE executables to the client and run them on the client rather than logging into the server and displaying the "X stuff" over on the client.

Please let me know if any of this helps.

-Dan

Daniel B. Bikle
Independent Oracle Consultant
dbikle_at_alumni.caltech.edu