Re: Oracle7 and OSF/1

From: Jim Kramer <kramer_at_ash.sps.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1993 23:54:01 GMT

The latest version of Oracle V7 for OSF/1 (DEC Alpha) is 7.0.13. My Oracle rep tells me it was just delivered to the distribution center and you can start ordering it as of Sept 14, 1993.

This version is supposed to include some version of Forms 3.xx and a comparable version of Menus.

This is supposed to be *production* code -- no more beta sites.

Oracle STILL doesn't support shared libaries (app start up takes a little longer and they feel the improvement during execution doesn't warrant it). I think you could probably convert yourself by running ranlib (ar -t or something like that) on the archives delivered on the tape. Talk to DEC about that.

kramer_at_cs1.sps.mot.com                   |  From there to here,
Jim Kramer                               |  from here to there,
Motorola Compound Semiconductor - 1      |  funny things
2100 E. Elliot Rd.  M/D EL609            |  are everywhere.
Tempe, Arizona  85284  USA               |
(602)897-3051                            |  - Dr. Seuss