Re: Oracle7 and OSF/1

From: <jaakola_at_cc.helsinki.fi>
Date: 15 Sep 93 21:33:06 EET

Your mail bounced, so I'll make a followup instead of a reply:

>Has anybody heard when Oracle plans on getting SQL*Menu/Forms to production
>for OSF/1? As a matter of fact, I'ld be much obliged for any information
>regarding ORACLE7 and OSF/1. My sales reps are clueless.

My finnish Oracle reps told me that the next version, 7.0.13 along with working forms/menu, should come out 16-SEP-93. But he also told me that they (Oracle US) have given similar next-day dates for over a month now... That's why they can't officially say anything, they said!

I have 7.0.12.2.0 with forms stealt from a previous developers release. I can't return back to menu from a form in runmenu (sqlmenu execute works!), I can't use command type 4, I can't link my user exits with forms - and I have had it running only a week! Have you had any similar problems and if so, do you have any work-arounds?

>Martin E. Cross | 4 4 2222
>American Cyanamid Company | 4 4 2 2
>Send all mail to: crossm_at_pt.Cyanamid.COM

Juhani Jaakola, jaakola_at_cc.helsinki.fi