SQL*Methods & Detail Design

From: Kevin Bongiovanni <kevin.bongiovanni_at_sqlware.com>
Date: 15 Sep 93 21:23:00 GMT

I'm looking into ways to implement/document a SQL*Form during a formal design phase.
According to SQL*Methods, we use functional models, DFD, and ER models to document the system. However, I think these methods are more preliminary design. I would like a way of doing a detail design like structure charts in a 3GL, but for SQL*Forms. I had no luck yet trying to model a form using structure charts (Jacksons or Jones methods). What do you use? How do you approach it? Can it be done this way or maybe using a real-time type of design work best? Any ideas?

| SQLWare BBS 703-771-4158 (14400-V.32BIS-Specializing in ORACLE and other|
| RDBMS topics. Leesburg, VA - 900 USENET newsgroups; e-mail access. |