Limitations in SQL Report and SQL Forms

From: John Artz <jartz_at_maestro.mitre.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1993 17:59:37 GMT

I am just beginning to use the Oracle product set and have encountered some limitations that I just can believe. First, using SQL*Report I have not been able to repeat column headings at the top of each page. I can print the title at the top but you seem to get the column headings only once per report. Can this possibly be the case ?

Next, I am storing a character string (actually a text string) in the the database. If I want to be able to store a string longer than 255 characters, I have to use a Long data type. This is fine except that SQL Forms truncates the field after 255 characters and SQL Report will not retrieve more than 255 characters. So I cannot use SQL Forms to input the data, and if I manage to get it in (SQL Loader has the same limitation), I cannot print it out. Can this be true ???????????????

John Artz Received on Tue Sep 14 1993 - 19:59:37 CEST

Original text of this message