Timing, Networks and Client/Server

From: <knowles_at_FNALO.FNAL.GOV>
Date: 25 Aug 1993 00:29:59 GMT

Hello:

    A question was raised as to whether there was a timing issue with Oracle client/server configurations. The thought was to perform client/server ops across a very heavily loaded Ethernet, and whether there would be problems with time-outs. How intimately coupled are queries via sql*net?

     Also, is this an issue with Oracle's data browser and Business manager coupled to their financials? (Already RTFM'ed but couldn't find specific references these type situations.)

     Any help appreciated mucho!

ciao

Rich Knowles knowles_at_fnalv.fnal.gov

Disclaimer: If I knew what my opinions were, I'd probably blame them

             on someone else anyhow. 8oP Received on Wed Aug 25 1993 - 02:29:59 CEST

Original text of this message