ProC Question!

From: Dorian Winterfeld <dorian_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: 20 Aug 1993 16:35:43 GMT

Hello ProC gurus,

        I am a novice ProC programmer and I have a question about cursors. Is it possible to open multiple cursors in the same program? Either at the same time, by nesting one cursor inside another, or consecutively, one after the other. From the manual, the only way to 'break out' of a loop is 'WHEN NOT FOUND GOTO..'. This seems very limiting as it applies to all SELECT statements. I know that in PL/SQL you can refer to a specific cursor, as in 'WHEN cursor%NOTFOND GOTO...'. This is much more flexable. Is there a similar trick in ProC? Please send replies to:

        dorian_at_eng.umd.edu

thanks in advance,

                Dorian