Re: Oracle version 7.0.12 installation problems

From: Geoff Coleman <geoff_at_ugc.uucp>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1993 05:24:27 GMT

In article <grimes.745591104_at_access> grimes_at_access.digex.net (Seth Grimes) writes:
>sarge_at_cs.uq.oz.au (The Lemming) writes:
>
>>When I am installing 7.0.12 from CDROM onto a sparcstation running
>>4.1.1, and trying to do a full install, I get the following message
>
>I had lots of problems doing the install (from cartridge tape) on an
>HP-9000/720 under HP-UX 9.01. Basically, the installation program didn't
>work right. One step in the program couldn't find files the program had
>just written to disk in an earlier step, and different runs of the install
>program would produce different errors when I tried varying things
>slightly.
>
> Seth

And like the rest of you I listened to all the hype about quality control in V7 and how it was going to be much better than in V6. Well I've just tried the upgrade of 7.0.12 to 7.0.13 (SUN with 4.1.3) and in my estimation it was a bad joke. Versions on the CD marked wrong, bugs that were fixed according to the release docs still there and for an added bonus new bugs thrown in.

The good thing about Oracle is they keep my life interesting.

Geoff Coleman

p.s. The real kicker today was to phone Oracle support and be told that they

     can't query up my TAR number because they've run out of extents !!!! Received on Fri Aug 20 1993 - 07:24:27 CEST

Original text of this message