Re: resource file definitions

From: Todd Thiemann <tthieman_at_cup.hp.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1993 00:13:00 GMT

Aubrey Truex (truex_at_elmer.orl.mmc.com) wrote:
: What I want is a way to map pc keyboard keys to vt220 (or vt100) emulation. I am
: using a ftp tcp/ip via a PC compatable to access the sql forms that have been

You might also want to look at some of the readme files that come with the ORACLE distribution. I think they give some insights into what is possible.

I believe that Oracle now includes some type of utility that permits you to find out the escape sequences being put out by your terminal, and then map functions to those keys. ORATERM simply listens for escape sequences, and then fires off the function attached to that key. So the crux of the matter is finding out the escape sequences put out by your terminal emulation software & then editing the resource file(s) to interpret that escape sequence.

Hope this helps,

Todd
tthieman_at_cup.hp.com Received on Sat Aug 21 1993 - 02:13:00 CEST

Original text of this message