SQL*FORMS Problems

From: Ha Kong Kuen <kkha_at_hkuxa.hku.hk>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1993 07:25:05 GMT

        I am currently a form (v 3.0 on AIX) with 3 blocks , each with its own database tables etc. What I want to do it is to execute something at the last block but using records inserted in previous blocks.

        I have tried using both post-commit or post-insert triggers on the last block to perform the host command. When I press the commit key, It seems the post-commit does not
do anything (not even display any messages that I put in or even seems to be executed when I turned on the debug-mode). For post-insert trigger, the post-insert trigger is fired, but says that the record can not be found.

        I have also tried synchronize but to no avail.

        Any help is welcome.

        Thanks,

						Anthony Ha
						University of Hong Kong