Re: Moving indexes

From: David Crowson <zdxc0d_at_amoco.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1993 04:26:29 CDT

In article 1651_at_grivel.une.edu.au, karen_at_metz.une.edu.au (Karen Payten) writes:
-->Help...
-->All I want to do is, from an export file, import the indexes into a tablespace
-->that is different to the one they were imported from. I exported as the
-->owner of the objects, then I revoked all resource to all tablespaces except
-->to the new tablespace I want the indexes in, and made it the owners default
-->tablespace. When I imported for indexes only, as the owner again,
-->I get the error 'no resource privilege or space quota exceeded
-->for tablespace XXXXX' where XXXXX is the original tablespace.
-->(I am actually going between two databases here, but with the same tablespaces).
-->
-->Now, according to the BOOK, if the user does not have resource privilege on
-->the original tablespace, then it will create the objects in the users default
-->tablespace if they have resource privilege to it.
-->
-->So what is going on. Am I missing something here???

When you export did you specify constraints=n If not then in the export file will have statements like

CREATE INDEX "INDEXNAME" ON .............. TABLESPACE OLDTABLESPACE; where OLDTABLESPACE is the one you exported from . If you do an import using the following

imp indexfile=create_indexes.sql show=y

then you can edit create_indexes.sql to create the indexes in a different tablespace.

---

David Crowson          |"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.
DBA (ORACLE V.4,5,6,7) | I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to
Amoco Exploration      | move, to get down off this featherbed of civilisation
Ealing, London         | and to find the globe granite underneath and strewn
dcrowson_at_amoco.com     | with cutting flints"
"My views not Amoex's" |  - Travels with a Donkey - Robert Louis Stevenson