Re: Info About use of Oracle for terrabyte databases.

From: Todd Thiemann <tthieman_at_hpcugsya.cup.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1993 15:35:29 -0500

In article <24dvgr$bis_at_news.utdallas.edu> you wrote:
: I am looking for information about the use of Oracle DBMS for
: managing terrabyte databases. More specifically, I am looking
: for existing or planned very large databases using Oracle in
: financial,business,credit,online applications. I am interested
: in the performance of oracle as a VLDBMS. I am looking for any info
: on sites currently using or planning to switch to Oracle in the near
: future for terra-byte database management.

You might see what the MOSES (Massive Open Systems Environment Standard) group has to say about VLDBs. The membership is mostly ORACLE/Sequent users, so talking to them might give you some ideas about VLDB performance.

I forget the way to access the MOSES papers - they are available over the Internet.

Good luck, Todd Received on Thu Aug 12 1993 - 15:36:02 CEST

Original text of this message