Re: GRANTs (SQL*Plus & SQL*Forms)

From: Dave Mausner <dlm_at_dlogics.dlogics.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1993 15:34:02

In article <1993Aug11.151853.12269_at_news.unomaha.edu> moswald_at_cwis.unomaha.edu (Mike Oswald) writes:

> I have issued grants to allow some customers to UPDATE several columns in a
> table. The UPDATEs are handled via SQL*Plus. When I try to apply the same
> logic to fields displayed in a FoRM the UPDATEs fails. Is this because the
> customer has SELECT on all fields and only UPDATE on several of these fields
> and when SQL*Forms tries to update the columns/fields it is actually trying to
> update the whole record?

You must select the COLUMN SECURITY option in the block; sqlforms will check the dictionary and make secure columns non-updatable on the form, preventing the situation you just described.

--
Dave Mausner / Sr Consultant / Datalogics division of Frame Technology Inc
441 W Huron / Chicago IL 60610 / +1-312-266-4450 / "Just show me the code"