Connecting PROGRESS and ORACLE

From: Marinko Laban <mla_at_ktibv.uucp>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1993 10:48:17 GMT

Hi, world

I've asked this before, but our mail services were out of order somehow, so here it is again.

We are looking into the possibility to approach ORACLE databases through a PROGRESS gateway, but we're a bit unclear about some additional needs.

We're running ORACLE 6.X on an Intergraph CLIPPER server, and we run PROGRESS on an HP-847. We want to approach ORACLE SID's thru PROGRESS, so we have bought the gateway recently. Our question is, since no one seems to be able to answer it properly, do we need SQL*NET or any related products on either machine to do so ?

If someone has some true answers about this, I'd appreciate any mail to mla_at_ktibv.nl.

Thanx
Marinko Laban

--

| Regards, Marinko Laban | |