Oracle-Card info wanted for HPserver/Macintosh client network.

From: Zannos Iannis <iani_at_ai.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1993 11:59:26 GMT

We have ORACLE installed on our HP9000/827 server and Macintoshes as clients, and we need help in making a network and building a front-end for relatively simple data storing applications (addresses, bibliography etc.). We would be very grateful for answers to any of the following:

  • Does a Macintosh version of Oracle Card currently exist?
  • What is the email contact of ORACLE - perhaps we could get more fresh first hand information from ORACLE in the USA.
  • What kind of network do we need to run Oracle Card with HP/Macintosh? Is MacTCP enough, or do we need something else too?

please answer directly by email to iani_at_ai.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp

Thanks,

Ioannis Zannos

German Institute for Music Research
snail-mail:
Staatliches Institut fuer Musikforschung Tiergartenstr. 1
D 10785 Berlin Germany

fax: +49 30 25481172 Received on Tue Jul 27 1993 - 13:59:26 CEST

Original text of this message