Re: Does anyone use Oracle for storing images?

From: James Lyle <lyle_at_cyberspace.com>
Date: 26 Jul 1993 12:40:07 -0700

Wolfgang Richter (wolfgang_at_fraser.sfu.ca) wrote:
: Has anyone had any experience in using a client Windows product
: to store images on Oracle running on a server such as a Sun computer?
: Ie: we'd like to set up a system that will let us easily scan
: pictures to be stored in a database. Is Oracle even an appropriate
: tool for this?

: If anyone knows of or uses a client product that allows collection of
: images into Oracle, please post here or e-mail me at: wolfgang_at_sfu.ca

: Thanks.

I'm also looking at implimenting an image database with both Mac and Windows clients. Oracle is our corporate standard and I would prefer to keep our development with that product. Oracle as a RDBMS can certainly do the job the question I'm having is choosing a front end product. Do I have to reinvent a lot of image management tools (zoom, compression,etc.) or is there a cross platform application that has these functions built in. I have yet to get a full blown demo of SQL*Forms 4.0. Anyone else have more info?

Jim Lyle, Manager of Media Services, Weyerhaeuser Co. lyle_at_cyberspace.com Voice: (206)924-2187 Received on Mon Jul 26 1993 - 21:40:07 CEST

Original text of this message