Re: Testing the return code from HOST

From: Michael P. Stein <mstein_at_access.digex.net>
Date: 26 Jul 1993 19:39:21 -0400

One kludge which comes to mind for Unix is:

  • Generate a sequence in your form, using a dedicated Oracle seq.
  • Host call a shell script with all the command params plus the seqno
  • After the "real" command in the shell script, get the return code and pass the seqno parameter and the code to an SQL*Plus script which will store them in a special table with two cols, SEQNO and RCODE
  • On return to your form, do a SELECT RCODE ... WHERE SEQNO = (the number you generated previously.

Me, I'd rather write the damn user exit. It will be more efficient.

--
Mike Stein			The above represents the Absolute Truth.
POB 10420			Therefore it cannot possibly be the official