Re: Pro*C question

From: Doug Smith <dsmith_at_atlastele.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1993 17:25:24 GMT

In article <sjsC91BE1.FoF_at_netcom.com> sjs_at_netcom.com (Stephen Schow) writes:
>Hi all,
>
>I am attempting to use the Pro*C Precompiler on the Mac together with me
>new THINK C 6.0 compiler that I just got. Anyway, I need to write a Pro*C
>program that connects to a remote database. I keep getting sqlca.code
>-6108. I can't figure it out. I have tried several different versions
>of the following connect logic:

oerr ora 6108
06108, 00000, "NETTCP: connect to host failed"

// *Cause:  Connection attempt to remote host has failed. Probably means
//          that the SQL*Net TCP/IP server on the remote host is not up,
//          or the host itself is not up (check the latter by targeting
//          it with Telnet).
// *Action: Start the SQL*Net TCP/IP server process on the remote host.