Silly installation problems

From: Anneliese Lilje <anne_at_cco.caltech.edu>
Date: 25 Jun 1993 20:20:04 GMT

Help!

We have just purchased ORACLE for our SPARCstation 10 running SUN OS 5.1. We have been attempting to install it, but running into a most ridiculous error.

The installation goes about half way without a hitch and then bombs. The error in the install.log file is:

as: "osntab.s", line 13: error: undetermined string as: "onstab.s", line 13: error: statement syntax

which continues for lines 14,15,16,17,18,.....

When you look at the file osntab.s each of these lines is terminated with a \\ when it is supposed to have a \. Hence the assembler balks.

Tech support has been of no help. They even suggested we might try to edit the file osntab.s on THE CD-ROM. when I head that... I knew we were doomed.

Now I would like to use my little Oracle CD-ROM for something more than a coaster. So if anyone has ever had such a lame installation experience such as this...PLEASE, PLEASE let me know!

Thanks,

Anne Lilje
anne_at_harimau.gps.caltech.edu Received on Fri Jun 25 1993 - 22:20:04 CEST

Original text of this message