Any official benchmarks on SPARCcenter 2000?

From: Thomas Wolf <wolf_at_merlin.mt.att.com>
Date: 24 Jun 93 21:21:08 GMT

We're currently investigating various hardware vendors to determine which system to use as a backend database server. We're currently considering the NCR 35xx and 36xx series as well the SPARCcenter [1-2]000. Has anyone (not working for either Sun or NCR) done any benchmarks to determine how many transactions/second these system can do and how well their performance scales as the number of processors is increased? Some vendors have suggested that the SPARCcenter 2000 will not scale well whereas HP and NCR do. Any insights you'd like to share are much appreciated. I'd be particularly interested in any figures that involve the Oracle database as that is the DBMS we're leaning towards.

Please send all information/suggestions via e-mail to: wolf_at_merlin.mt.att.com as I don't get to read these newsgroups very frequently. I will, however, post a summary of responses (if I get more than one :-)

Thanks in advance for all help,
Tom

---
+----------------------------------------+ With so many signatures out in the