Re: Sql*Forms/Packaged Procedure

From: Dave Mausner <dlm_at_dlogics.dlogics.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1993 12:16:31

farnham_at_spot.Colorado.EDU (Farnham Dave) writes:
> I have one character field on the screen with a
> post-change or on-validate-field (take your choice).
>
> This field has the "automatic skip" turned ON.
>
> if :choice = 'X' then
> exit_form(no_validate);
>
> The problem with this is that "exit_form" is a packaged
> procedure and won't execute, i get an error. HOW do

Try creating another field in the block that performs your actions in an on-new-field-instance trigger; you are not restricted and can perform any navigation including exit_form. if you position this field against your one-character box, it will not be apparent that the additional field is present. if the action does not navigate out of the block, the o-n-f-i trigger can go_field back to your original field to await more input from the user.

--
Dave Mausner / Sr Consultant / Datalogics division of Frame Technology Inc
441 W Huron / Chicago IL 60610 / +1-312-266-4450 / "Just show me the code"