Re: 3rd-party Front Ends for Oracle?

From: Chris Anderson <caa_at_asgard.unify.com>
Date: 16 Jun 93 22:08:39 GMT

In article <1vaf4fINNpv7_at_senator-bedfellow.mit.edu> jdevans_at_athena.mit.edu (John D. Evans) writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> After gaining 300 more gray hairs learning to design
> Oracle*Forms (and THEN trying to convince disgruntled
> users that THIS was the state-of-the-art), I've decided
> there's GOT to be a better way.
>
> So... what Third-party Oracle GUIs do you know about?
>
> I'm interested in products for Mac OS, Windows, X11,
> Motif, and OpenLook -- take your pick.
>
> Oracle doesn't provide any info on these products, and
> I must not be reading the right magazines. (I do know a
> bit about Oracle*Card for the Mac, which I hear is O.K.
> but $$expensive$$.)
>
> Thanks for any info you can give me! I'll post a
> summary of e-mail replies in a week or so.
>
> John Evans
> jdevans_at_mit.edu

Unify Corporation offers Accell/SQL for Oracle. This is a full featured 4GL that offers complete access to the underlying db so that you don't have to give up the features that you bought your database for. It will switch between Openlook, Motif, Windows, and character mode with no 4GL changes other than changing an environment variable. It has lots more features besides that, of course. :-)

Call 1-800-24-UNIFY for more details. Of course, since I work for Unify, I'm biased.

Chris

|  Chris Anderson                             caa_at_unify.com  |
|  Unify Technical Support              ...!uunet!unify!caa  |