Sql*Forms (Highlighting Fields / using pointer)

From: Jennifer Farnham <v045100_at_otis1.stortek.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1993 22:08:47 GMT

Hello SQL*FORMS gurus:

What I want to do is create a menu.
I would like to use the arrow keys to highlight the choices as I move thru them. Now, I know about:

pre-field trigger:

display_field (:system.trigger_field, 'BOLD-INVERSE'); AND its partner post-field trigger:

display_field (:syste.trigger_field,'INVERSE');

However, it really doesn't look that good. Does anyone else know of a "fancy-shmancy" way of creating a menu with highlighted bars around the choices?

Also, has anyone programmed a little pointer to move down the sides of the choices like:

        Add User
        Delete User

----> Add Personnel Info
Reports

   Now this isn't our real menu, just a sample to show you what    I meant by the pointer. I have seen other menus (sql*forms)    with pointers like this, just can't find the code or sample    code in the Advanced Sql*Forms book.

If anyone has really cool code that they want to share, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jennifer Farnham
StorageTek
Boulder, Colorado

email to: Jenny_Farnham_at_stortek.com or post here to this newsgroup... :-) Received on Thu Jun 10 1993 - 00:08:47 CEST

Original text of this message