Clipper Lib for Oracle

From: James Hogan <jimh_at_carson.u.washington.edu>
Date: 19 May 93 16:09:54 GMT

We are about to acquire a few front-end development tools for our Oracle 6 server.

To link in some existing PC-based applications (and to keep taking advantage of existing Clipper knowledge) we are going to acquire the Biton library. Before we take the plunge, just thought I'd invite anybody to comment on their experience with this product, whether the Clipper or the FoxPro version.

Hedging our bets, cross-platform-wise, we are also going to acquire a single copy of the JAM modules for DOS/Windows. This product looks very promising, and comments from folks here on c.d.o. were generally favorable, although the procedural language does not look as exciting as I'd hoped.

Thanks in advance.

  • ------------------------------------------------------------------------ * Jim Hogan, Systems Analyst / Didliologist* Seattle-King County Department of Public Health

  *Didliology (did-le-ol-o-ge) n., 1. The avocation of corrupt    epidemiologists; 2. The action of small children who, standing    around a large turtle, poke it with a stick.