Keyboard Layouts for PC and Unix

From: Ian Dixon <uidixon!idixon_at_infocom.co.uk>
Date: 15 May 93 19:07:04 GMT

We are currently migrating systems from PCs running client server against a SCO Unix box to an HP/UX machine where access will either use rlogin from the same PCs or Wyse50 dumb terminals. Some systems are however likely to continue running the Oracle Toolset on the PC against the remote database. Also development work will still be done on PCs.

Although I obviously cant identical function keys on the PCs and the Wyse 50s, I would like to have them the same for the PCs whether they are running rlogin to the HP or the Toolset on the PC.

Using Oracle*Terminal, I can create resource files for both machines which will do this but I think that this will take a long time. At present I am not allocated any time for this kind of task in the migration.

Is there an existing resource file that I've missed that would allow me to do this? If not, has anyone else done it and, if so, could you let me have more info about what you did?

Thanks

Ian

--
Ian Dixon                       Email : idixon_at_infocom.co.uk
Reading, England