Re: Keyboard Layouts for PC and Unix

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 17 May 1993 02:53:11 GMT

uidixon!idixon_at_infocom.co.uk (Ian Dixon) writes:

>Using Oracle*Terminal, I can create resource files for both machines which
>will do this but I think that this will take a long time. At present I am
>not allocated any time for this kind of task in the migration.

>Is there an existing resource file that I've missed that would allow me
>to do this? If not, has anyone else done it and, if so, could you let me
>have more info about what you did?

Well, I did something similar to this for users accessing Oracle via a PC, using Oracle*Terminal and Procomm Plus to remap the vt100 keyboard more to my liking, including swapping the <backspace> and <delete> functions so that they are more natural, and having the numeric keypad as a numeric keypad.

It took me only a couple of hours to do it, but took longer than that to THINK about what I wanted where! (And I'm not sure I've got it quite the way I want it yet.)

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.geis.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)