Reading Material on VLDB

From: Ramkumar Krishnan <krishnan_at_cse.uta.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1993 22:22:50 GMT

Hi,

I'd highly appreciate if anyone can guide me with the reading material on Very Large Databases. By VLDB, we mean databases that are designed to manage terabytes of data. It will be very useful if the research paper/book/article(s)

  1. Qualifies a VLDB and discusses its salient features.
  2. Implications on the concurrency control and recovery mechanisms.
  3. Discusses new storage media and access mechanisms to manage such large repositories.
  4. Lays emphasis on client-server environments.

An early response from you will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ramkumar Krishnan
email: krishnan_at_cse.uta.edu Received on Wed May 12 1993 - 00:22:50 CEST

Original text of this message