SPARC 4/20 ??? RAM for 8 Users

From: Vignes Gerard M <gmv0570_at_ucs.usl.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1993 18:00:23 GMT

Howdy,

	How much RAM does it take to run a full Oracle setup
	(dbase engine, network hooks, and user-interface)
	on a SPARC 4/20 (or 4/25) w. 2.2 GByte HD
	so that even 8 concurrent users accessing from diskless SPARCs
	will not suffer anything except very minor performance degradation?

	We are looking into running an Oracle Server on a SPARC 4/20
	to service a class of 8 concurrent users.
	The machine has 12MByte of RAM,
	but we can easily expand that to 16MBytes.

	The $64 question is,
	will we have to switch to a 4/25 with 16+ MBytes of RAM
	to get impatient-user-friendly performance?
							Thanks,

							Roy Bean