SQL*Menus parameter limits

From: <bamon_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu>
Date: 3 May 93 17:38:41 EDT

We have just discovered that SQL*Menus (v5.0.11.13.0) has a limit of 58 substitution parameters. (Yes, it is documented, but we never noticed it until we fell over it.)

For some of the large applications we are creating, with numerous parameterized reports, etc., 58 just isn't enough.

Why, when the parameter definitions are stored in Oracle tables, would there need to be any limit at all?

Is this limitation going to survive into v4?

Steve, are you out there? We filed an enhancement request, but were basically told by support to live with it, work around it with subapplications,  etc.

That's just not a satisfactory response unless there's a darn good reason for the limitation.

Jennifer R. Amon            PHONE: (216) 775-6987
Houck Computing Center        FAX: (216) 775-8573
Oberlin College
Oberlin, OH 44074        INTERNET: bamon_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu