Re: Experiences with SQLTCP.DLL (Windows Sql*Net DLL)?

From: Dave Mausner <dlm_at_[192.68.181.204]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1993 17:31:23

In article <SBCHANIN.93Apr29091353_at_raisin-nut.ai.mit.edu> sbchanin_at_ai.mit.edu (Steve Chanin) writes:

> Has anyone used the Windows SQL*Net DLL? How was your experience? It
> is stable? Is it fast? Was configuration easy or hard? Do you
> connect to a v6 or a v7 instance?

I am using it right now and installation and use are completely painless. It's just another DLL, so as long as it is in the home directory, the PATH, or \windows, you are ready to go. It has produced no bugs of its own, and i would say connection is fast (it depends on the host mostly). I have used v6 and v7 servers with zero hassles.