Re: SQL & other .el modes??

From: Grant Johnson <445362_at_llnl.gov>
Date: 21 Apr 1993 00:33:33 GMT

Wayne,

We use sqlmode.el which includes modes for SQL*Plus as well as a mode for editing files containing SQL, such as .inp's. The doc and mode are around 65k, so I don't want to include them in the reply.

I will gladly send them to you. Also, I'd like to find someone to give them to who could post them on an FTP server. Any offers?

---

Grant Johnson                                 Internet: grantj_at_llnl.gov
Lawrence Livermore National Lab	           PacBell Net: (510) 423-0406

Here is an excerpt of other tools we use.

			 Oracle Related Tools

epoch/emacs We use it for editing .inp's and sql-mode, for running
	    sqlplus interactively, is indispensable.  It allows for
	    full-screen editing of sql commands and full history of a
	    sqlplus session.  Note: epoch is a multi-screened, mouse
	    aware version.

Setup:	    The following lines are needed in your ~/.emacs file (if
	    you don't have a .emacs file, one is available in
	    /usr/local/gnu/lisp/dot.emacs  Be sure to
	    rename it to .emacs):

(setq load-path (append load-path (list "/usr/local/gnu/lisp")))
(load-library "sql-mode")
;; Add mappings to tell emacs what mode to use based on file extension.
(setq auto-mode-alist (append (list
(cons "\\.pl$" 'perl-mode)) auto-mode-alist))
(setq auto-mode-alist (append (list
(cons "\\.sql$" 'sql-mode)) auto-mode-alist))
(setq auto-mode-alist (append (list
(cons "\\.inp$" 'sql-mode)) auto-mode-alist)) ODQS Oracle Data dictionary Query System: A very handy SQL*Forms 30 application that allows for browsing data dictionary information. This includes tables, views (and the text of the view!), columns, indexes, synonyms, extent sizes, etc. Setup: The .frm and .inp are located in: /usr/local/aisserver1/aislib/pe/exe/odqs.frm /usr/local/aisserver1/aislib/pe/src/odqs.inp From: ucdavis.ucdavis.edu: /pub/odms oraperl This is new thanks to Lee Neely. Perl is a scripting langauge that is something like shell scripting, c and awk all rolled together. Oraperl is a special version that allows for ProC type access to oracle mixed with perl commands. The effect is access to Oracle data directly from a shell script like environment. My first attempt with it is a script that looks for data changed in the last week. This data is then formated and sent as a mail message to the person responsible for it. The whole script is about 45 lines. Setup: This one is in beta. I'll post more when it's stable. If your just dying to know more, call or write. Grant Johnson Internet: grantj_at_llnl.gov
Lawrence Livermore National Lab PacBell Net: (510) 423-0406