Re: Laserjet formatting

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1993 04:12:48 GMT

In article <7137.2bcea9c2_at_hayes.com> fgreene_at_hayes.com writes:
> I am engaged in an Oracle project that calls for the development
>of a significant number of formatted reports (purchase orders, invoices,
>etc).
>
> Does anyone out there have experience / suggestions / leads as to
>how to route output from Reportwriter, a PL/SQL routine, RPT, etc to a
>laser jet printer and incorporate font controls and page formatting
>instructions such as draw line or shading.
>
> Ideally, what is needed is postscript like package that could
>accept embedded commands in an Oracle output file and convert them into
>the appropriate page formatting commands.

You don't say what platform you are developing on but... Have you seen version 2.0 of ReportWriter(now called Oracle Reports)? The bitmapped version has a graphical layout editor that lets you change fonts,styles,colors,etc... You can also draw figures, lines, etc and even use an image as boilerplate. Received on Tue Apr 20 1993 - 06:12:48 CEST

Original text of this message