4GLs / Client-Server / MS-Windows based

From: Rob Westelaken <rlwestel_at_undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1993 18:56:35 GMT

I am currently evaluating 4GLs (mostly for reporting purposes but possibly full development environments) and have looked at COGNOS's Powerhouse and IBI's FOCUS. These are fine products but I am looking for something a little more sexy (like MicroSoft Windows based) and perhaps more Client Server capable. We currently have a VAX Cluster but want capabilities with most other architectures. We have not chosen a database but are looking at RDB, Oracle, Sybase... Could you please mail or post a list of possible candidate development environments.

I have vaguely heard of PowerBuilder and Gupta. Could you please send information on these also, thank you very much.

Rob.

Rob Westelaken
Financial Models Company
2355 Skymark Avenue
Mississauga, Ontario.

rlwestel_at_descartes.uwaterloo.ca Received on Sun Apr 18 1993 - 20:56:35 CEST

Original text of this message