Re: SQL*Plus: Column Delimiter

From: Bill Meahan <wmeahan_at_ef2007.efhd.ford.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1993 08:34:16

In article <1993Apr6.234502.10867_at_cmutual.com.au> aaj_at_cmutual.com.au (Tony Jambu) writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a need to extract data from an Oracle database and import it into
> MS/Excel. To do this the column data need to be delimited by TABS.

Why are you using SQL*Plus as an interface to Excel?????

Use Q+E (the real Pioneer Software version aka Q+E Database Editor 5.0) or the Q+E Database Library and bring your ouput DIRECTLY into Excel.

Other products can do the same thing but I like the Q+E stuff.

SQL*Plus is fine for purely command-line-style interactive use or for simply-formatted tabular reports, but as a spreadsheet interface, no way!

--
Bill Meahan			|EFHD Information Systems Staff
Computer Applications Engineer	|Ford Motor Company