Re: Unix, OS/2, Windows NT, GUI

From: Hans Kristian Ruud <hkr_at_ifi.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1993 11:03:33 GMT

Hello again.

From: markp_at_netcom.com (Mark Perreira):

> ... But you need to think about any network
> requirements that may help you decide what OS to arrive at. What
> kind of program are you looking to create and what just is your
> "special requirements." Lastly what kind of language are you looking
> to write this front-end in: 3GL, 4GL.....

OK, I was a bit brief in my first posting.

These are the facts:

We currently have ORACLE for MS-DOS. We have developed a system on this platform; the question is which platform to upgrade to. (The platform will be a server for a number of users running under Windows (or possibly Windows NT)). The front-end will be written in C, using the OCI-functions, and whatever GUI that is available.

> Better define the problem and an answer to come to the surface.

Actually, what I had in mind was find out about the possibilities.

> --

  //  markp_at_netcom.com             Mark Perreira           (510)889-3373   //

        Hans Kristian   Received on Fri Apr 02 1993 - 13:03:33 CEST

Original text of this message