POSTGRES DBMS on NeXT

From: Venkata Nagarjuna Rao Goli <goli_at_plains>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1993 22:05:55 GMT

      Hello Friends,
               is there any body who installed POSTGRES database management
system on NeXT machines? I tried to install it on my NeXT but came to know that POSTGRES needs shared memory and NeXT don't support that. Do you know how to fix this problem. I have Release 2.0 on my NeXT. Please email me.

         My problem is that I need to write the following lines, to support the shared memory for POSTGRES, in the /usr/sys/conf or kernel configuration file to install POSTGRES. What do you suggest me to do??

         In the POSTGRES manual they suggested to add these lines for a sun sparc kernel configuration file.

options IPCMESSAGE
options IPCSEMAPHORE
options IPCSHMEM
options EMOREIPCS

    These are all for the System V IPC ... facility. What are the compatible and equivalent files and commands in NeXT???

Thanks in advance,
(GOLI)   Received on Wed Mar 31 1993 - 00:05:55 CEST

Original text of this message