Re: Oracle Ncube.

From: Tony Jambu <aaj_at_cmutual.com.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1993 00:19:19 GMT

In article <C4BGr9.Iqq_at_sdf.lonestar.org>, skumar_at_sdf.lonestar.org (Sundeep Kumar) writes:
> I am looking for some detailed information on Oracle NCube
> Database Machine.

Do you mean Oracle for NCube or do you mean "Oracle's NCube"? If you mean the latter then you were misinformed. Oracle does not have any equity in NCube. It just so happens that Larry Ellison (God to Oracle staff) has some equity in the company/technology. It is one of his pet projects.

Does anyone know
1. what is the smallest NCube configuration and how much it

    cost?

2.  What host (front end) server connects easily to it?
3.  What version of Oracle RDBMS runs on it?
4.  What type of transactions will benifit from this architecture?

If there are enough queries and/or replies, I will post a summary to the Newsgroup.

--
 _____       ________ / ____ |Tony Jambu, Database Administrator
  /_  __       /_ __ /       |Colonial Mutual Invest Mgmt,Aust (ACN 004021809)