oraperl works with Oracle 7

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 25 Mar 1993 21:39:46 GMT

A week or two back someone asked whether oraperl works with Oracle 7. (I can't find the original posting in comp.databases.*, maybe it was in comp.lang.perl?)

The answer is yes. I have been able to get oraperl (version 2, patch level 3) working with Oracle 7.0.12.1.1, on an NCR 3445 (SVR4, Intel platform). This is a production release of Oracle 7.

I had to fiddle a lot with the Makefile, some of it because of SVR4isms
(or maybe NCRisms), some of it because Oracle restructured the support
libraries for PRO*C, but it passes the admittedly simple 'make test'.

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.geis.com

(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)