SQL*forms 2.3 UPPER/lower Case problem

From: Chris Dickson <cdickson_at_tssc.wlg.nec.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1993 03:10:30 GMT

I am currently maintaining some forms in SQL*forms 2.3, an have struck a problem with the use of the UPPER() and LOWER() SQL function - used in a WHERE/ORDER BY clause for a Query. The Data being queried is stored in a mixture on CASES eg.

      STC/ST
      STC/STLC
      stc/stlc (Regression)

Users are having some diffuctility quering data because of the mixed case - My question is do the UPPER() and LOWER() functions work in the WHERE/ORDER BY clause - if they dont has anybody got any ideas on how to do it Received on Thu Mar 25 1993 - 04:10:30 CET

Original text of this message