Re: Problems with Upgrade

From: <champs_at_hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 19 Mar 93 08:33:57 +1100

In article <1993Mar18.035624.29896_at_ee.gatech.edu>, flur_at_eecom.gatech.edu (Peter W. Flur) writes:

> I just upgraded from 6.0.33.1 to 6.0.36.4.1 on a sparc1 and
> I'm having a few problems, specifically:
>
> 1) When in forms, I do a list_values, and if a "number" field
> is returned from the list, it is truncated, giving incorrect
> results.
>
> 2) The error messages in forms don't seem to be complete.
>

> I'd appreciate any advice...

We had the same problems, plus a problem with date fields. We decided to throw the upgrade out and revert to 6.0.34. Several other people have posted similar experiences to the 'net over the past several months.

You can probably work around the lov problem by playing with the sizes of the fields/columns involved, but it's pretty annoying to have to do it.

Bye for now.

    /\       Steven Champness (champs_at_hhcs.gov.au)
   /  \      Dept Health Housing and Community Services
  /    \     Brisbane Queensland
 /      \     via

/ / \ Canberra Australia
\ / / /
 \/ / / / MACINTOSH SOFTWARE AXIOM : If you need a manual to operate it
  \/ / /                                it wasn't designed properly in the
   \/ /                                 first place !