Shutting down Oracle for a backup...

From: Michael Collier <sd345_at_city.ac.uk>
Date: 11 Mar 93 08:23:40 GMT

Thanks to all the people who responded to my earlier question.

First prize goes to Tapio Luukkanen (vtl_at_tik.vtt.fi) who was only one of a small number who understood my question, and the only person to get the answer right.

>So what I would like to do is a shutdown immediate each night.
>I have tried (in the dump script)...
> sqldba shutdown immediate
> sqldba "shutdown immediate"
> sqldba 'shutdown immediate'
>...none of which do the trick. All that it ever seems to want to do is
>a plain old sqldba shutdown.

He uses...

        sqldba command="shutdown immediate"

...in his scripts, and it works great.

Michael.

--
Michael Collier (Programmer)                 The Computer Unit,
Email: M.P.Collier_at_uk.ac.city                The City University,